Saturday, October 2, 2010

Your guide to Super Saturday

Before the Breeders' Cup, there's Super Saturday. Nine Grade I races - five at Belmont, four at Oak Tree at Hollywood - will be run today in various divisions, along with a handful of meaningful Grade II stakes. Major championship contenders Zenyatta, Blame, Paddy O'Prado, Lookin At Lucky, Blind Luck and others will be in action.

Check out our preview of today's racing and while you're there, make sure to vote in our poll and predict if Zenyatta can remain unbeaten.

If you're watching from home, there are plenty of ways to keep up with the action. For live updates and inside info from Belmont today, follow the Pink Sheet on Twitter, and also follow the feed of our New York correspondent Teresa Genaro.

You can catch the races live locally on the OTB network (channel 12) and on simulcast at Saratoga Raceway. ESPN Classic will cover the Oak Tree at Hollywood program from 6:30-8 p.m. EST, with ESPN breaking in to show Zenyatta's run in the Lady's Secret at 7:15 p.m., between college football games.

Trying to keep it all straight? Listed below are the EST post times for today's major races, in chronological order:

3:23 p.m.: The Grade I Vosburgh at Belmont
3:59 p.m.: The Grade I Flower Bowl at Belmont
4:35 p.m.: The Grade I Beldame at Belmont
4:58 p.m.: The Grade II Cotillion at Philadelphia
5:11 p.m.: The Grade I Joe Hirsch Turf Classic Invitational at Belmont
5:26 p.m.: The Grade II Indiana Oaks at Hoosier
5:48 p.m.: The Grade I Jockey Club Gold Cup at Belmont
6:02 p.m.: The Grade II Indiana Derby at Hoosier
6:39 p.m.: The Grade I Norfolk at Hollywood
7:15 p.m.: The Grade I Lady's Secret at Hollywood
7:50 p.m.: The Grade I Yellow Ribbon at Hollywood
8:20 p.m.: The Grade I Goodwood at Hollywood

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home